A guide to help map out your college journey.
Kris Manley has done it again! The Resumes for Children lady has put together this comprehensive college guide uncovering what most don't know what it takes to get through college. College Bound & Gagged - The Best Unusual College Guide opens up a whole new world of school technologies, virtual learning avenues, electronic textbooks, document sharing, and more. Get the 411 on student Apps, study group websites, campus transportation initiatives, student loan forgiveness, how to choose an instructor, Gap Year Organizations, and more. Every college bound student needs this guide - this book is a must have!
What's inside the eBook? 5 chapters packed with forty six (46) tidbits of strategies, tips, and techniques to help you maneuver through college.
Chapter 1: Want to Graduate?
- Tidbit #1 – What’s the Difference between a College and a University?
- Tidbit #2 – Check out Education Compacts if you want to attend college out-of-state and pay reduced/discounted tuition and fees.
- Tidbit #3 - What Colleges Look for in Prospective Students.
- Tidbit #4 - Rev up Your Resume for College.
- Tidbit #5 - College Tours – Doing them the right way.
- Tidbit #6 - The importance of a student portfolio.
- Tidbit #7 - Decisions, Decisions!
- Tidbit #8 - Getting Through that College Interview.
- Tidbit #9 - Not Sure of Your Career Path? Get Assessed.
- Tidbit #10 - Design Your Major.
- Tidbit #11 - Start with the Basics.
Chapter 2: From Fade to Grade
- Tidbit #12 - "Sane" Scheduling
- Tidbit #13 - It Doesn't Matter What Instructor You Get – Yeah, Right!
- Tidbit #14 - You know, change is good.
- Tidbit #15 - Textbooks, they'll make you or break you!
- Tidbit #16 – Don’t get testy with me!
- Tidbit #17 - I Want a Raise!
- Tidbit #18 - Sly as a Fox.
- Tidbit #19 - You Won't Be Void of Understanding for Long.
Chapter 3: College Classics
- Tidbit #20 - No Way Out of this Class, or is There?
- Tidbit #21 - Broaden Your Horizons.
- Tidbit #22 - WORK! What's In It for Me?
- Tidbit #23 - Gap Year Advice and Organizations
- Tidbit #24 - GPA - Great Prospects for Achievement.
- Tidbit #25 - Please Forgive My Student Loans.
- Tidbit #26 - Attend On-line College Lectures also called Open Content.
- Tidbit #27 - Scholarships, Scholarships - Did I Mention Scholarships?
- Tidbit #28 - Tuition Discounts.
- Tidbit #29 - Some Tuition Free and/or Low-Cost Colleges and Universities
- Tidbit #30 - Ask Others to Help You Graduate from College.
- Tidbit #31 - Get Paid for Your Class Lecture Notes.
Chapter 4: Collage Harmony
- Tidbit #32 - Blend Your College Classes: You Can Do This – Really!
- Tidbit #33 - Concurrent Enrollment Is Your Friend.
- Tidbit #34 - Get Known: It’s not who you know, but who knows you (and your character).
- Tidbit #35 - Get Your “Study On!” Study groups can be for shy and/or confused students.
- Tidbit #36 - These Three Things Can Lengthen Your College Years.
Chapter 5: Engaging Students Differently
- Tidbit #37 - Digital Learning – The Classroom Will Never Be the Same.
- Tidbit #38 - Ten Wonderful Technologies for College Students with Disabilities
- Tidbit #39 - Get Online Help with Your Homework.
- Tidbit #40 - How not to be a Lone Wolf on Campus.
- Tidbit #41 - College Reviews by Students.
- Tidbit #42 - Cool Transportation Options for the Savvy College Student.
- Tidbit #43 - APPs for College Students.
- Tidbit #44 - Students Tips and Advice.
- Tidbit #45 - Company Reviews.
- Tidbit #46 - Somebody Call the Police!